Ontario Based Resources
- Guide to Effective Literacy Instruction, Volume 7, Media Literacy
- eWorkshop Online Teaching Resource - Learning Module, Literacy, 4 to 6, Media Literacy
- Inquiry Based Learning - a blog created by a local Ontario Educator with many links to learning in action
- Media Smarts - Canada's Centre for Digital and Media Literacy: Teacher Resources - web site with links to curriculum from each province where teachers can share related lesson plans and resources. (Media Education in Ontario)
- OTF Connects - Resources for teachers - many relevant presentations and documents about teaching media and digital literacy created by Ontario educators, for Ontario educators. Also link to the OTF site for additional links and resources.
- Teaching for Deep Understanding: An ETFO Curriculum Learning Resource Compilation with extensive resources and templates for teaching and learning. Also link to the ETFO site for additional resources, references and professional development items.
- Edutopia, 2014 - list of items for teachers just starting out and a variety of educational technology videos and resources
- Edutopia, Classroom Guide: Top Ten Tips for Teaching with New Media. Downloadable document.
- LNS Resources, Ontario Ministry of Education, Webcasts for Educators - a wide variety of video resources relevant and organized by subject, grade or category.
- Alan November, November Learning - this site has resources and links for a variety of educational technologies. The Websites to Validate is a list of sites you can use to help students evaluate website validity.
- Children's Authors on Twitter - use this spreadsheet to connect to your favourite author or share student's comments about a favourite book, tweet about a read-a-loud event or tweet from the perspective of a story character. http://classtechtips.com/ebooks/childrens-authors-on-twitter/
- Twitter - hastags for educators: http://edudemic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/education-twitter-hashtags.jpg
- View this ‘starter sheet‘ written by Andrew Churches. It will provide some basic information on access and create with Wikispaces.
- Teach with Web 2.0 (wikispaces)
- Cool Tools for Schools (wikispaces)
- Wikimedia Canada – with links to related wiki creation, curation, collation and sharing wiki projects (powered by MediaWiki)
- UBC – Educational Technology Wiki: a collaboratively created collection of all things educational technology related
- 50 Ways to Use Wikis for a More Collaborative and Interactive Classroom
- Mrs. Swift's classroom blog - many links to other educational blogs, topics, units and student blogs (Elmvale teacher)
- Mr. Toft's classroom blog 2012/2013 - linked to the Blog Rules presented; blog site includes links to other classroom blog sites; links to student blog sites using Kidblog
- Edublogs - list of award winning student blogs
- Edublogs - student challenge site with links to Web 2.0 tools, topics for posts, links to student blogs;
- 15 of the best blogs for educators - list created by David James includes annotations and links to Edutopia, Tech&Learning, Edudemic and more
- Distraction free video using ViewPure and Quietube - http://bhshelpdesk.com/2015/04/08/need-distraction-free-video-check-out-purify-quietube/
- POWTOON - webinar replay (http://www.powtoon.com/blog/perfect-powtoon-webinar-replay) and resources (book -https://s3.amazonaws.com/powtoon/books/PowerOfCartoonMarketing_Book.pdf)